Selected Grant Recipients: African Australian Creative Media Support Grants
Earlier this year, in continuing the Scanlon Foundation’s commitment to amplify the voices of minority communities, we launched the African Australian Creative Media Support Program.
The program supports African Australian creatives and platforms, targeted towards individuals and organisations that operate in Visual Media, Podcast & Radio and Written Media.
Interest in the pilot program exceeded our expectations as we received a total of 115 applications across the three streams. We were delighted with this interest and responded by doubling the number of grants available: we will now fund 12 projects instead of the original 6.
Our selection panel, comprised of Ahmed Yussuf, Wintana Kidane, Nyadol Nyoun, Titan Debirioun and three Scanlon Foundation staff, recently met to finalise the successful applicants for the program.
We would like to deeply thank all those that applied for their time and efforts in creating a submission.
Below is our selection for the 2021 pilot round.
- FECAA Radio (TAS)
- Emmanuel Ifeanyi Onyegbula (WA) – The Nzuri Show
- Fufu & Tibs (NSW)
- Lydia Tesema (VIC) – Below the Surface Magazine
- Social Cohesion Inc (VIC) – African Australian
- Bigoa Chuol (VIC) – dichōtomi mag
- Dr Charles DaCosta (VIC) – Dynamic Stories
- Idil Ali (VIC) – Our Roots
- Scenic Flaws (VIC) – I am Me
- Anisa Nandaula (QLD) -The Reimagining
- Peter Sambia (QLD) – Praema Fashion Show
- Mahmoud Wiek (VIC) – BARCODE